Please believe me when I say that I never intended to drop off the face of the blog quite so dramatically and for so long. The transition to new city and the 9-5 schedule has been incredibly smooth so far, save for the horrendously slow internet both at home and at work. The unintended side effect is that I have become much less of a couch potato and generally more active in terms of seeking out other activities around the city — I am still surprised at how many people I know are in DC at the moment. My new internet haven for the moment is the local library.
Because it’s been so long since my last post, I owe you all a bit of a wardrobe update. I am happy to announce that getting a jacket is not necessary, as everybody is a bit more lax in the hot summer weather. In fact, I believe I may be able to wear even jeans on Friday. My uniform at the moment, and I believe for the rest of the summer, is going to consist of button down shirts, chinos and loafers. The uniform does not change drastically on the weekends for adventures around the city, except with chino shorts and sandals taking the place of the longer chino pants and loafer.
Though some have taken note of my lack of materialism on my recent AMA, I can assure you that I still give in to the occasional temptation, despite knowing better than to purchase more additions to the wardrobe, as I only have the one piece of luggage with me. I am a bit ashamed to say I was rather spendthrift this weekend, buying the following:
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. Godsend for my limp straight Asian hair in the humidity of the city. It's great as a dry shampoo might I add. Investment grade: worth it.
- Warby Parker Preston glasses in Whisky Tortoise. My eyesight has deteriorated a little since I started college, so while I can still see quite well sans glasses, it does help to pick out faces in crowds for example. Investment grade: worth it.
- Harry's The Winston razor. Though supposedly quite the stereotypical hairless Asian, I personally still see hairs that apparently no one else can see. Nevertheless, I am curious and I bought this along with the Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel as seen on Into the Gloss. Investment grade: ??? as I have yet to try it.
- Leather bag. My mother bought it for my sister so it’s a wash because I didn’t buy it personally myself. My sister didn’t like it so I picked it up. It’s absolutely enormous, so it’s a great alternative to my Everlane backpack. In hindsight, it looks like the iconic Bottega Venetta bag, which is a huge side plus. Investment grade: oh you bet it’s worth it.
Things on my radar:
- Google Nexus 4 phone.
- New undergarments now that I can go to Nordstrom.
I’ll try to make more frequent visits to the library so that I won’t go AWOL on you guys again. Check out my AMA if you haven’t had a chance to yet in the meantime. Loved answering your questions people!