Dior Spring Couture 2013


It's been a year since I last talked about couture.The photos of the latest couture shows this season are almost all out. As this is only Raf's second couture show (his first being last fall), I had to check it out. I'm not head over heels in love with it, but I do find some of the details he incorporates within his pieces are quite nice. It will be interesting to see if he will continue to keep up with his signature clean silhouette as he continues to work under the name Dior. I find myself missing the theatrics of past Galliano collections but I do welcome the new change in landscape for the world of couture. It does feel like going back in time when couture WERE wearable. All of the pieces in this collection adhere to that approach and I'm sure we are bound to see many of these gowns on the red carpet in the future.

Relevant Readings:

No comments: