Jackpot


Well, someone was lucky enough and managed to score beauty, brains and talent at the genetic lottery of life. He goes by the name of Charlie Siem. I stumbled upon this fella while reading "The Youth Issue" of Acne Paper and thought to myself–wow is a this guy a walking cliché or what. I mean yet another Eton-Cambridge grad? How many more of those do we need already? (If they all looked like him, many I suppose.) The closest American equivalent would probably be Exeter-Harvard but that doesn't have the same exact obnoxious ring to it. Bored and curious, I looked him up on good ol' Youtube to see if he was really as good as the magazine suggested. Lo and behold, he damn was. Incidentally through clicking some related videos, I found that he was apparently the face of British menswear brand Dunhill for their S/S 2011 collection, along with being a widely recognized violinist. Dunhill stores are everywhere in Hong Kong but I have never ventured into one nor have I seen any of their stores stateside thus far so I don't know how familiar Americans are with this brand. He is a painful reminder of how unfair life is though of course, this all but a mere #firstworldproblem. I thought looking at him would be much easier on the eyes and provide some respite after way too many narcissistic posts on yours truly for the past few days. Here are some videos of him looking pretty for Dunhill and of course, him being his talented self. No apologies for being shallow–I am just being considerate here to start September off on a rather handsome note. 

7 comments:

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Love these videos! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Justyna said...

wow. hello super talented gorgeous man. wow.

Jada said...

JOY, I LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

He is adorable, and he makes me want to pick up my violin again.

Hila said...

ha, some people get all the luck. and I laughed at this: 'same exact obnoxious ring to it' :)

Anonymous said...

how cool!
such a wonderful blog, keep up your awesome work!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Amelia said...

Man ... is there anything he can't do? It's somewhat unfair how some people get all the luck... They should share with the rest of us.

concrete said...

such a great blog .. i love all photos here ..